and hot-spare drives
Complete the following steps to create arrays:
- Start the custom configuration wizard and complete all previous steps.
- Click the appropriate Array tab in the right pane:
|Then, from the list of ready drives, select the drives
you want to add to the array:
- Click >>
(Add selected drives) to add the drives to the array. You can click >>
(Add all drives) to move all ready drives to an array.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each additional array or hot-spare drive that you
want to configure.
- If you do not want to create a spanned array, skip to step
6. Otherwise, select the Span arrays check box .
Then, click Next. If you created two arrays only, the ServeRAID Manager
uses those arrays to create the spanned array; continue to step 6. Otherwise,
the "Create spanned arrays" window opens.
Note: To create
a spanned array, each array must have the same number of physical drives.
- After you select the ready drives for your arrays and hot-spare drive, click
Next. The "Create logical drives" window opens.
To return to the "Express and Custom configuration"
window, click Back.
To leave the Configuration wizard, click Cancel.