Note: The ServeRAID-7t and ServeRAID-8 series (SAS)
firmware supports a maximum of 10 "logical slices" per physical drive.
Complete the following steps to create logical drives:
- In the Physical devices view (on the right), click the drives you want the
logical drive to use. To view available segments
on each disk drive, switch to the full-size capacity
view or relative-size capacity view.
Note: A segment
shaded in light blue and outlined by a dashed line is not part of any logical
- To select a hot-spare for the logical drive, or to deselect a hot-spare, control-click the drive.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the logical drive.
- If you do not want to use the maximum size for the logical
drive, click Advanced settings; then, type the size in the
Size (MB) field:
For HostRAID controllers,
the logical drive uses all of the space on each disk drive; you cannot adjust
the logical drive size.
- To configure the logical drive for optimal performance, adjust the advanced
settings as needed.
Note: The default
settings usually are adequate for most applications.
- If you have free space available and want to create additional logical drives,
then, repeat steps 1-4.
- When you are ready to continue, click Next. The "Configuration
summary" window opens.