Agent is running in local only mode.
- If you specified -l (that is, minus and a lowercase letter L) as
a command-line parameter, the ServeRAID Manager starts in local-only mode.
The ServeRAID Manager is not network-enabled. In this mode, you can configure
and monitor the local system only. You cannot configure or monitor managed
systems. If you added managed systems to your Enterprise view, they are not
visible in this mode. They will be visible in the tree when you start the
ServeRAID Manager in non-local-only mode.
- If the network is unreachable, the ServeRAID Manager starts in local-only
mode. An additional event is displayed in the event viewer indicating that
the network is unreachable.
- If the port number is in use on the local system, the ServeRAID Manager
starts in local-only mode. An additional event is displayed in the event viewer
indicating that the network is unreachable.
- If the network is unreachable, check the event viewer for details on any
- If the port number is in use, exit from the application using the port number,
or specify a different port number. Complete the following steps to specify
a different port number:
- Click Agent actions
- Click the General settings tab.
- In the Agent base port number field, type a new value for the port number.
The default port number for local access is 34571.
Note: When changing the port number, consider the following:
- This change does not take effect until you restart the ServeRAID Manager.
- Any system that is accessing this system remotely must have the port
number changed to match the value you type. On the managed system, you
can change this value in the "Add managed
- Any system that contains this system in its Notification list must change
the port number to the new port number. On the managed system, you can
change the port number in the Notification Manager by clicking Modify