Using the ServeRAID Manager with screen-reading software
To use the ServeRAID Manager with screen-reading software, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Java 2 Platform for Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Go to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html and download the Java 2 Platform Standard Edition Java Runtime Environment Version 1.4.2.
An executable is available for installation.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installation program, accepting all defaults.
- Download and install the Java Access Bridge for Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Go to http://java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/accessbridge/ and download the compressed zip file. An older version is available at http://java.sun.com/products/accessbridge/.
- Extract the zip file and navigate to the Installer folder. Execute the file Install.exe.
- Make sure that the installation program detects the Java Virtual Machine you just installed.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installation program.
- Install the screen reader software (ie, JAWS).
- Double click the RaidManAcc.bat file to start the ServeRAID Manager program.
Be sure that the java command is in your classpath. This should occur automatically
when you install the Java Virtual Machine.
If not, edit the batch file to explicitly point to the java.exe file
found in the bin directory of the Java installation.