Steps for hot-replacing a ServeRAID controller
If you are hot-replacing a ServeRAID controller in a server that you are monitoring
remotely, print these steps so you can refer to them while working at the server.
- Review the Safety Information in the ServeRAID book and the Safety Information
book provided with your IBM server.
- Detach the SCSI cables from the ServeRAID controller.
- Open the locking handle and raise the latch.
- Unseat the controller from the PCI slot and remove the controller from
- Insert the replacement controller in the PCI slot.
- Lower the latch and close the locking handle.
- Connect the SCSI cables to the replacement controller.