Enabling and disabling read-ahead cache
- This action is supported in bootable-CD mode for ServeRAID SCSI
- This action is supported in interactive mode only on ServeRAID-8 series (SAS) controllers and
the ServeRAID-7t SATA controller.
- This action is not supported on the integrated
Use this action to set the read-ahead cache mode to Enabled or Disabled. If
the read-ahead cache mode is set to Adaptive, you cannot use this action.
Note: You can
override the Adaptive setting, but not through the ServeRAID Manager.
Instead, use the IPSSEND command-line program. This program is on the
IBM ServeRAID Support CD.
- In the Enterprise view, click (controller).
- Right-click Enable or Disable read-ahead cache mode.