Note: This action is not supported on the integrated RAID
Using this action you can add one, two, or three physical drives to an existing
array so that you can create another logical drive in the array.
When you create an array, logical drives are striped across all physical drives
in that array. To create more free space in an existing array, define additional
physical drives to add to the array. Then, the ServeRAID Manager migrates the
logical drives such that the data is spread across the existing and new
- To increase free space in an array, you need at least one ready drive
that is at least as big as the largest drive in the array.
- You can schedule the logical-drive migration for a later date and time
when you review the configuration changes.
- (Cluster and failover configurations only) A logical drive will not failover
while undergoing logical-drive migration.
- In the Logical devices view, click(array).
- Right-click Logical-drive migration
Increase free space. The Configuration wizard opens with the "Create
- Add the physical drives to the array. When complete,
click Next. The "Configuration summary" window opens.
- Review and apply your new configuration.
- After the logical-drive migration is complete, create
a new logical drive in the new free space.