Failing from the active to the passive
Notes: This action is
not supported when using the following:
- Integrated RAID controller
- ServeRAID-5i controller
- ServeRAID-6i/6i+ controller
- ServeRAID-7t controller
- ServeRAID-8 series SAS controllers
- HostRAID controller
Use this action to force a failover from the active to the passive controller
for the following reasons:
- To test your failover configuration.
- If you are having problems accessing data through ServeRAID, attempt to
failover to see if that fixes the problem.
- This action is available only if clustering is enabled.
- Failover detects only failed controllers.
- In the Enterprise view, click (controller).
- Right-click Clustering actions Fail
from active to passive.
- Click Yes to confirm the failover.