Changing the RAID level
You can change the RAID levels of currently defined logical drives.
- In the Logical devices view, click (logical
- Right-click Expand or change logical drive. The Configuration wizard
opens with the "Choose RAID level" window.
- Choose a new RAID level for the logical drive;
then, click Next. The "Create logical drives" window
Only valid RAID level migrations appear in the list. Migration requirements for each RAID level are described here.
- Add the physical drives needed to support the
new RAID level (if any). Click Advanced settings to set the logical drive size;
optionally, select a new stripe-unit size. Then,
click Next. The "Configuration summary" window
When you add drives, the migration wizard
shows the current layout of the data, including the current logical drive size. For most migrations,
you will need to increase the logical drive size setting; the default size is not generally adequate once you add drives or segments.
- Review and apply the new configuration.