Configuring the ServeRAID Manager agent > general settings
Note: This action is not supported in bootable-CD mode.
Use this action to configure The ServeRAID Manager agent general settings,
including the base port for the agent and console. The agent can log events
to the operating system event log, sound an alarm when an event occurs, and
broadcast events to users. If you enable event broadcasting, agents on Windows
machines will display pop-up alert dialogs when events occur. On Linux machines,
a message will be broadcast to all connected console processes using the 'wall'
You can adjust the agent general settings with the following steps:
- In the "ServeRAID Manager Agent" window, click the General
- In the Agent system base port number field, enter the port number for the ServeRAID Manager agent and console. The default port is 34571.
Note: For accessing
managed systems, the ServeRAID Manager uses four consecutive ports starting
from the base port: 34571, 34572, 34573, and 34574. If your network has a conflict
with these ports, change the base port to a different port number.
- From the Save events to OS log drop-down list, choose the type of events to save in the log: None, Error, Error & Warning, Error, Warning & Informational.
Note: You can
use the View agent event log option to view the
event log. You can also use operating system administration
tools to view the event log.
- To broadcast events to users, click Broadcast events to logged-in
- Select the check box to enable or disable the alarm. When a critical or
fatal event occurs in the RAID subsystem, the ServeRAID Manager agent triggers
an alarm, if enabled.
- If you enabled the alarm, adjust the length of time (in seconds) between
alarms. The default is 300 seconds (5 minutes).
- Click Save changes.
- Restart the ServeRAID Manager for the settings to take effect.
Note: To load settings
from the ServeRAID Manager agent configuration file,
Use this option if you change settings in the configuration file while the agent
is running. If you change the port number, you must stop and restart the agent
for the change to take effect.