Adding a managed system
Note: This action is not supported when using:
- ServeRAID Manager in bootable-CD mode
- ServeRAID Manager as a plug-in application
Use this action to establish a connection to a managed system and add it to the Enterprise view.
Tip: Before adding
a managed system, verify that the ServeRAID Manager is running on that
system. If the ServeRAID Manager is not running on the system, you will receive
- From the Remote menu, select Remote Add
, or click (Add) on the toolbar. The "Add managed
system" window opens.
- Type the managed system host name or TCP/IP address.
- Type the managed system startup port number. The default port number is
- Type your user name and password.
- If you want to save the user name and password, select the Save user
name/Password box. Once you successfully connect to the managed system,
the ServeRAID Manager stores this information in a file along with the host
name so you do not have to type your user name and password every time you
run the ServeRAID Manager.
- Click Connect.